Friday, May 6, 2011

My Disaster

I just got home from the hospital after major surgery when I received an email from my only son who was in Thailand with his wife and two children. He was taking part in a conference and brought his family for a vacation. The only trouble was the first day they arrived there was a terrible flood and they were forced to evacuate their hotel for another high on a hill. They learned the flood had washed out the ferrys and all the airports were closed so they did not know how they were going to leave that island and get to Bankok for the conference. The electricity stopped. There was an earth quake in the north of Thaliand. I was home watch the news and worrying about my son and his wife and my two grandchildren. Finally I got an email saying they had arrived in Bankok in time for the conference. The news also told me there was civil disorder at the airport and the British govenment had brought all the British citizens home. Finally I got the email we are home at last. That was the worst disasters I faced in my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment